T100 Wintermax Triticale - Cereal Forage.
T100 Wintermax Triticale is an autumn/winter sown single harvest forage option. This new variety portrays excellent early establishment vigour and has the ability to rapidly accumulate dry matter over the winter period. T100 Wintermax Triticale offers a highly nutritious early spring forage supplement by retaining green leaf throughout the cooler months.
Image: Mayfield 20th July 2016. T100 Wintermax Triticale left and Rahu Ryecorn right.
- Excellent early establishment vigour.
- Winter active – Unsurpassed winter dry matter production when compared to other forage cereals.
- Erect growth habit.
- Excellent tolerance to current NZ stripe rust strains.
- Good lodging tolerance aided by its shorter stature and strong straw strength.
- Large reduced-awned seed head with large sized grain.
- Early to head but slow to mature.
- Maintains green leaf during colder months.
Click on the image below to download further information or contact your local rep on 03 308 7166
BOLT – Forage / Grain Triticale
- BOLT is a variety from Plant Research Ltd’s doubled haploid cereal programme and is the only DH triticale available in NZ.
- BOLT is a medium height, very uniform, medium maturing awned forage / grain triticale.
- BOLT has very long heads and thick, strong stems. It grows quickly from an autumn planting (see image below). To date we have seen no agronomic weakness in relation to lodging or disease.
- BOLT has good tolerance to stripe rust and to date, one spray has been sufficient to control this disease
Click on the image below to download further information: